Create Promotional Emails that Avoid Spam Filters
Understanding and following some simple rules will help ensure your emails are successfully delivered to and read by your customers.
MailChimp, a popular email marketing provider, has compiled some useful information on how to avoid spam filters in your day-to-day email marketing. We recommend that you review their article to understand the kinds of characteristics spam filters look for when determining which emails to flag as spam. While MailChimp gears the article towards their own customers, it includes plenty of tips relevant for all businesses who send commercial and promotional emails.
Some key takeaways from the article include:
- Only email people who have opted to receive your emails.
- Email subscribers regularly.
- Make sure recipients have an clear way to opt out without flagging your message as spam.
You can spend hours on a compelling newsletter or sale announcement, but that time is wasted if your emails flow straight into your recipientsí spam folders. Check out the above article for practical advice on how to craft emails that are more likely to reach your intended audience.
About the Marketing Bite
Marketing Bites are short actionable tips to help you market your business. Each Bite contains a marketing idea and an easy to complete action. The Marketing Bite is emailed weekly to subscribers.
"You offer such great information - I feel like I am gaining a bigger and smarter marketing presence. Thank you so much!" -Pamela
"Thanks. I have been getting a lot of value from [the Marketing Bite]. If I need help with marketing on the web in the future, I know where to find the experts." -Jodi
Need a Website?Get a Quote
- Marketing Bite: Read Facebook's Admin's Guide to Moderating Your Page
Thu, Jan 12 2017 4:43 pm
- Marketing Bite: Review Searchmetrics Latest Ranking Factors Report
Thu, Jan 05 2017 4:50 pm
- SiteBeat: December 2016 SiteBeat Newsletter
Thu, Dec 22 2016 5:26 pm
- Marketing Bite: Plan a Post-Holiday Sale
Thu, Dec 15 2016 12:07 pm
- Marketing Bite: Share Curated Content from Other Sources on Social Media
Thu, Dec 08 2016 4:30 pm
- Marketing Bite: Send a Warm Welcome to Subscribers
Wed, Nov 23 2016 1:27 pm