Format Your Content with Lists to Make it Easier to Read
If you have important information you’d like to get across to website visitors, consider organizing it into a bulleted or numbered list. We touched on this subject last September in our Bite “Create Product Descriptions for Users with Short Attention Spans,” and now we invite you to explore how lists can make other content -- from the welcome text on your homepage to your customer service information -- concise, quicker to understand, and more compelling than a dense block of text.
Here are some examples of content that may work well as a list:
- Benefits of a product or service
- Reasons why your business stands out from your competitors
- Instructions of any kind
- Product specifications or care instructions
Lists are easy to create using the MightyMerchant Text Editor. For a brief overview of the list formatting options we offer, as well as other Text Editor options, check out our MightyMerchant Text Editor Toolbar Tips. You can also watch our video on Using the MightyMerchant Text Editor to see how you can create a list.
Lists break up your content into bite-size pieces that are easy to read and process. Using lists can be a good way to get information across that could otherwise be lost in a long paragraph.
About the Marketing Bite
Marketing Bites are short actionable tips to help you market your business. Each Bite contains a marketing idea and an easy to complete action. The Marketing Bite is emailed weekly to subscribers.
"You offer such great information - I feel like I am gaining a bigger and smarter marketing presence. Thank you so much!" -Pamela
"Thanks. I have been getting a lot of value from [the Marketing Bite]. If I need help with marketing on the web in the future, I know where to find the experts." -Jodi
Need a Website?Get a Quote
- Marketing Bite: Connect with Email Subscribers on Facebook
Thu, Feb 16 2017 3:34 pm
- Marketing Bite: Use Attribution Modeling to Tune Your Online Marketing Budget
Thu, Feb 09 2017 4:47 pm
- Marketing Bite: Hone Your Marketing Approach Using Customer Observations
Thu, Feb 02 2017 3:38 pm
- Marketing Bite: Test Your Mailing List Signup
Thu, Jan 26 2017 5:30 pm
- Marketing Bite: Read Facebook's Admin's Guide to Moderating Your Page
Thu, Jan 12 2017 4:43 pm
- Marketing Bite: Review Searchmetrics Latest Ranking Factors Report
Thu, Jan 05 2017 4:50 pm