> Search Marketing
> Link Building Strategies
Link Building Strategies
As you are trying to promote your website, you will be faced with many decisions and a lot of information about what is the best method of promotion. While there is a lot of variation in the way to approach marketing an online business depending on your industry, there is little doubt that getting quality incoming links is one of the most effective things you can do.
Our linking strategy is built around the idea that high-quality incoming links, even if relatively low in number, will help increase your stature with the major search engines more effectively than a large number of links from low-quality sites.
Quantity of incoming links can be helpful, but link quality is of paramount importance.
1. The best linking strategy begins with providing specific link text and descriptive text about your site that other websites can use on their site when linking to you.
This text should include some of your top keywords, be readable and descriptive, but not be “keyword stuffed.”
2. Have other websites link to the inside pages on your site, and not just to the home page.
For instance, a link from a massage table supplier would be best utilized if it linked to your massage tables product page, rather than your home page, which probably features many different products that you sell in addition to massage tables.
3. The best linking strategy creates opportunities to add links that are woven into the content of a related page and not just part of a long list of links.
4. Focus on links from high-quality sites.
Quantity of links is good but quality is more important.
5. Give people a compelling reason to link to you.
Developing your site with useful, interesting, well-written content will encourage both visitors and people interested in linking. Without good content, others don't have a strong incentive to link to you.
6. Be an evangelist for your linking partners.
Let them know you appreciate their link and look for opportunities to refer others to their business.
7. If another site offers to link to you, offer an invitation to add a link to their site from yours.
Follow the recommended steps above and find an appropriate place on your site to place the link. If you don't have a good location, contact one of your other linking partners, that is more well-suited to link to that website.
Thanks for your interest in our linking strategy. We hope this has been helpful and informative. Let us know if you have other questions or if we can help you in any other way. Please return to the site owner's page and follow the instructions for adding your link.