Review Your Google My Business Listing
If you have a Google My Business listing, it is important that you periodically review that information to ensure that Google users have an accurate first impression of your business. Google My Business listings include a collection of contact information, reviews, and photos that pop up on the right-hand side of the Google search results page when someone Googles your business name.
Here are the steps we would suggest taking:
- Google your business name to view your listing.
- Claim your listing, if you haven’t yet, by clicking the “Claim this business” link on the listing. The claiming process can take time, so even if your information is accurate, you’ll likely want to claim your business so that you can make changes swiftly in the future.
- Ensure that the basic factual information (location, phone, hours, website) is correct.
- If you like, upload additional photos to better express your business.
If you don’t currently have a listing, you may be able to create one -- even if you are a mobile or online-only business! You can visit the Google My Business home page to get started.
If you are a business without a brick-and-mortar location, Google offers directions on how to define your service areas on their Service-area businesses on Google page.
Given the vast number of people using Google to search the web, it’s key to make sure that Google is offering its users the correct information about your business.
About the Marketing Bite
Marketing Bites are short actionable tips to help you market your business. Each Bite contains a marketing idea and an easy to complete action. The Marketing Bite is emailed weekly to subscribers.
"You offer such great information - I feel like I am gaining a bigger and smarter marketing presence. Thank you so much!" -Pamela
"Thanks. I have been getting a lot of value from [the Marketing Bite]. If I need help with marketing on the web in the future, I know where to find the experts." -Jodi
Need a Website?Get a Quote
- Marketing Bite: Read Facebook's Admin's Guide to Moderating Your Page
Thu, Jan 12 2017 4:43 pm
- Marketing Bite: Review Searchmetrics Latest Ranking Factors Report
Thu, Jan 05 2017 4:50 pm
- SiteBeat: December 2016 SiteBeat Newsletter
Thu, Dec 22 2016 5:26 pm
- Marketing Bite: Plan a Post-Holiday Sale
Thu, Dec 15 2016 12:07 pm
- Marketing Bite: Share Curated Content from Other Sources on Social Media
Thu, Dec 08 2016 4:30 pm
- Marketing Bite: Send a Warm Welcome to Subscribers
Wed, Nov 23 2016 1:27 pm