Test Drive Your Holiday Sales
If you are preparing to offer holiday sales on your site, make sure to test those discounts early and thoroughly to ensure they work as expected. We recommend testing your sales at least a week beforehand so you have leeway to adjust your implementation before advertising your sale.
We suggest breaking down the process of sale creation into the following steps:
- Define your sale. Which products/categories/shipping methods will be discounted? What will trigger the discount?
- Review any relevant documentation as you set up the sale. If you’re a MightyMerchant customer, check out our detailed Sale and Coupon Manager documentation.
- To test, either set up a temporary coupon code that only you know to trigger the sale, or activate and test the sale during a time of day when you receive low traffic. Try ordering with a range of products and conditions to replicate different customer experiences.
- If the sale doesn’t work as expected, adjust as needed or contact your support team to consult.
- Once you are confident that your sale is working, prepare your marketing material and advertise your sale!
Few things are more stressful than discovering at the last minute that your sale is misconfigured or that your website is not capable of offering the sale you’ve advertised. For holiday success, start testing early.
About the Marketing Bite
Marketing Bites are short actionable tips to help you market your business. Each Bite contains a marketing idea and an easy to complete action. The Marketing Bite is emailed weekly to subscribers.
"You offer such great information - I feel like I am gaining a bigger and smarter marketing presence. Thank you so much!" -Pamela
"Thanks. I have been getting a lot of value from [the Marketing Bite]. If I need help with marketing on the web in the future, I know where to find the experts." -Jodi
Need a Website?Get a Quote
- Marketing Bite: Read Facebook's Admin's Guide to Moderating Your Page
Thu, Jan 12 2017 4:43 pm
- Marketing Bite: Review Searchmetrics Latest Ranking Factors Report
Thu, Jan 05 2017 4:50 pm
- SiteBeat: December 2016 SiteBeat Newsletter
Thu, Dec 22 2016 5:26 pm
- Marketing Bite: Plan a Post-Holiday Sale
Thu, Dec 15 2016 12:07 pm
- Marketing Bite: Share Curated Content from Other Sources on Social Media
Thu, Dec 08 2016 4:30 pm
- Marketing Bite: Send a Warm Welcome to Subscribers
Wed, Nov 23 2016 1:27 pm