Test Your Mailing List Signup Process
If you offer an online mailing list signup form (or forms), we suggest testing your signup process once a year to confirm that it is functioning as expected.
Below are some basic steps you can take to test. If you offer multiple ways to subscribe, make sure to test each avenue separately.
- Pick an email address to test with. It should be an account that you have access to, and one that you have not yet used to subscribe.
- Fill out and submit your signup form.
- Note any response messages you receive as a new subscriber. Are they accurate and engaging?
- If you’d expect, as the mailing list owner, to receive any notifications about a new subscriber, check to see if you’ve received those.
- If your form is configured to automatically save subscriber emails to a file, or add subscribers to a mailing list stored with your email marketing provider, confirm that the email address has been added to those lists.
If you encounter any issues or error messages as you work through these steps, jot down the specifics so that you have these on hand for troubleshooting. If you see a problem that you don’t know how to resolve, report the issue to the creator of your signup form. MightyMerchant customers with built-in signup forms can use the Help Beacon to contact us with any questions.
About the Marketing Bite
Marketing Bites are short actionable tips to help you market your business. Each Bite contains a marketing idea and an easy to complete action. The Marketing Bite is emailed weekly to subscribers.
"You offer such great information - I feel like I am gaining a bigger and smarter marketing presence. Thank you so much!" -Pamela
"Thanks. I have been getting a lot of value from [the Marketing Bite]. If I need help with marketing on the web in the future, I know where to find the experts." -Jodi
Need a Website?Get a Quote
- Marketing Bite: Connect with Email Subscribers on Facebook
Thu, Feb 16 2017 3:34 pm
- Marketing Bite: Use Attribution Modeling to Tune Your Online Marketing Budget
Thu, Feb 09 2017 4:47 pm
- Marketing Bite: Hone Your Marketing Approach Using Customer Observations
Thu, Feb 02 2017 3:38 pm
- Marketing Bite: Test Your Mailing List Signup
Thu, Jan 26 2017 5:30 pm
- Marketing Bite: Read Facebook's Admin's Guide to Moderating Your Page
Thu, Jan 12 2017 4:43 pm
- Marketing Bite: Review Searchmetrics Latest Ranking Factors Report
Thu, Jan 05 2017 4:50 pm