Add Seasonal Shipping Dates to Your Site
If you havenít done so already, now is the time to add key seasonal shipping dates to your website! For example, adding cutoff dates for Christmas Eve arrival is a proactive way to manage customer shipping expectations.
We recommend taking the following steps when adding your messaging:
- Add your messaging to a sitewide banner, if you have one, to ensure you reach the maximum number of site visitors. You may also want to add messaging in the following locations:
- On the page where customers calculate their shipping costs and/or select their shipping method
- On the homepage
- On a page, if one exists, where you outline your shipping practices
- Optionally, use one or more of the following strategies to help your messaging stand out on the page:
- Style your text -- make it bold or add a font color.
- Use a font size larger than your body text.
- Add a graphic, if you or a member of your team have graphic design skills, or if you have access to good stock images.
- Set a reminder for yourself to remove your messaging once the relevant time period has passed.
Managing customer expectations, shipping-related or otherwise, often only takes a small effort on your part, but can pay off well in customer satisfaction.
About the Marketing Bite
Marketing Bites are short actionable tips to help you market your business. Each Bite contains a marketing idea and an easy to complete action. The Marketing Bite is emailed weekly to subscribers.
"You offer such great information - I feel like I am gaining a bigger and smarter marketing presence. Thank you so much!" -Pamela
"Thanks. I have been getting a lot of value from [the Marketing Bite]. If I need help with marketing on the web in the future, I know where to find the experts." -Jodi
Need a Website?Get a Quote
- Marketing Bite: Simplify Your Homepage Text
- Marketing Bite: Connect with Email Subscribers on Facebook
- Marketing Bite: Use Attribution Modeling to Tune Your Online Marketing Budget
- Marketing Bite: Hone Your Marketing Approach Using Customer Observations
- Marketing Bite: Test Your Mailing List Signup
- Marketing Bite: Read Facebook's Admin's Guide to Moderating Your Page