Demonstrate Your Expertise
Demonstrating that you are an expert in your line of business can be the key to your online success. Unless you are competing on price (which is often a losing battle), you want to rise above your price-cutting competitors by showing site visitors that you are the go-to resource for your industry and can provide expert help in making a purchase.
These are three approaches you can take to highlight your expertise:
1. Use clear and direct language on your home page that states your expertise and positions yourself as the leader in your field or niche.
2. Utilize a short video in which you talk about your experience or focus on a few key areas of your business.
3. Develop a resource center on your site with articles, tips, instruction sheets, and purchasing suggestions.
As a first step, we suggest that you evaluate your home page and the home pages of a few of your key competitors. Are you successfully positioning yourself as the expert resource who will solve your customers’ problems and address their purchasing questions? It is okay to be bold with your assertions as long as you can back those assertions up with results.
About the Marketing Bite
Marketing Bites are short actionable tips to help you market your business. Each Bite contains a marketing idea and an easy to complete action. The Marketing Bite is emailed weekly to subscribers.
"You offer such great information - I feel like I am gaining a bigger and smarter marketing presence. Thank you so much!" -Pamela
"Thanks. I have been getting a lot of value from [the Marketing Bite]. If I need help with marketing on the web in the future, I know where to find the experts." -Jodi
Need a Website?Get a Quote
- Marketing Bite: Simplify Your Homepage Text
- Marketing Bite: Connect with Email Subscribers on Facebook
- Marketing Bite: Use Attribution Modeling to Tune Your Online Marketing Budget
- Marketing Bite: Hone Your Marketing Approach Using Customer Observations
- Marketing Bite: Test Your Mailing List Signup
- Marketing Bite: Read Facebook's Admin's Guide to Moderating Your Page