Check Your Site's Bounce Rate
We recommend periodically going into Google Analytics and reviewing the bounce rate of your top landing pages. Bounce rate is the percentage of viewers who visited the page and immediately leave (bounce) without clicking through to another page on your site. This is a key metric as it can help you gain insight into what is working well on your site and what isn't.
Here's how you check your bounce rate
- Log into Google Analytics
- Click "Behavior" under the Standard Reports on the left-hand navigation menu
- Click "Site Content"
- Click "Landing Pages"
Do you notice any landing pages that have unusually high bounce rates compared to the rest of your site? This could be a sign that something is broken on the page, or that the focus of the page is not relevant to what visitors are looking for. You can use the bounce rate data to find opportunities to improve your site and user experience. And, if you have a bounce rate of 40% or less, give yourself a pat on the back, because your users must be loving your website!
About the Marketing Bite
Marketing Bites are short actionable tips to help you market your business. Each Bite contains a marketing idea and an easy to complete action. The Marketing Bite is emailed weekly to subscribers.
"You offer such great information - I feel like I am gaining a bigger and smarter marketing presence. Thank you so much!" -Pamela
"Thanks. I have been getting a lot of value from [the Marketing Bite]. If I need help with marketing on the web in the future, I know where to find the experts." -Jodi
Need a Website?Get a Quote
- Marketing Bite: Simplify Your Homepage Text
- Marketing Bite: Connect with Email Subscribers on Facebook
- Marketing Bite: Use Attribution Modeling to Tune Your Online Marketing Budget
- Marketing Bite: Hone Your Marketing Approach Using Customer Observations
- Marketing Bite: Test Your Mailing List Signup
- Marketing Bite: Read Facebook's Admin's Guide to Moderating Your Page