Maintenance and Support FAQ
You have a great new website, however, to keep it great you need to maintain and improve your site on a regular basis. Let us explain how we can help.
Can you set up my email accounts?
Yes, your website hosting package comes with at least three email accounts. We will help you figure out the best way to handle processing your business emails, whether it's setting up new accounts, or forwarding your emails to your current address.
Do you offer an email program to send out messages to my customers?
MightyMerchant has partnered with Constant Contact, the leader in effective email marketing to help you market your web site via email. We'll set up your web site to collect email addresses from visitors who want to "opt-in". We can seamlessly integrate with Constant Contact.
Sending out a regular email newsletter to your customers and visitors is great way to increase sales on your web site.
How do you handle PCI scans?
As Payment Card Industry (PCI) standards become increasingly important for the credit card processing industry, a number of companies have begun to offer services that periodically scan your website and identify potential vulnerabilities or concerns that could effect your level of PCI compliance. Some of these vendors, such as McAfee and Trustwave, offer badges you can place on your website to demonstrate that you are taking a proactive approach to credit card security.We welcome these scans and appreciate the ongoing data they give us regarding our performance and how we can improve our security practices. However, these scans and the related monitoring and communication result in additional resource / service burdens.To help our clients understand the nuances of PCI scanning, we have put together this list of concerns and situations and how we will handle them.
PCI scans are evaluations of your specific website, as well as the web server where your site resides and the core software that is running on the server. Results of PCI scans are used to report your PCI compliance status to your merchant account provider.
We have never had a situation where a problem identified by a PCI compliance scan could not be fixed and/or resolved.
- We cannot know how long it will take to fix a vulnerability or problem until we have seen the PCI scan report. Most problems can be resolved within one week, and frequently in one day.
- If a PCI scan identifies a problem that is in our core software or our servers, we will fix these at no charge.
- If the PCI scan identifies a problem with a third party software integration, a feature/functionality we developed specifically for your website, a data feed, or data/content taken from another site/source, we will need to charge you to fix the issue (at an hourly rate of $65 or $100, depending on the nature of the problem).
- PCI security scans are programs that run automatically and autonomously. They scan thousands of websites built on a massive variety of platforms and servers and, needless to say, they are not set up to run custom scans for each possible variation. Sometimes, a PCI scan will identify something incorrectly as a vulnerability or it will mark something as a problem that is irrelevant to your website. We call this a false positive. In such cases, there is not something for us to "fix", instead, there are standard procedures (each company is different) we have to go through on your behalf to get the matter resolved. Depending on the vendor, there can be a significant amount of communication involved. We will need to charge you to review and/or resolve the issues (at an hourly rate of $65 or $100, depending on the nature of the problem).
PCI scans are very thorough and often present non-critical issues that do not effect PCI Compliance or website security (i.e. Level 5 issues vs. Level 1 issues). These are usually informational or not relevant to your website (false positives). Our policy is to ignore these. If you would like us to evaluate / deal with non-critical issues we will need to charge you to resolve the issues (at an hourly rate of $65 or $100, depending on the nature of the problem).
- Many vendors require you to fill out a twelve part questionnaire describing your security practices. Some of the questions may relate to the website and some may relate to your internal business practices. If you have specific questions for us related to our security practices, we can usually answer them. If you would like assistance with filling out the questionnaire, we can assist you at a rate of $65/hour.
I don't have time to update my own website. Can you do it for me?
We'd be happy to take care of making updates to your web site for you, but most of our customers save money and find that it is easier to make the changes themselves rather than to communicate what changes they want.
MightyMerchant was specifically designed for businesses to have control of their website's content, without waiting for a designer or host to make the requested changes and without incurring additional charges. That is why we have designed a user friendly interface that is simple and quick to learn. But don't worry, if you need help, our support team is here to answer your questions.
You won't believe how easy updating your website is when using our Site Manager - even if you are a complete novice!
What kind of technical support do you provide?
We provide free technical support for MightyMerchant via email and telephone. We have a special email address for technical support requests that our staff checks frequently so that you can be sure your question is addressed quickly. You can also call us during office hours using our toll free number.
Where is your technical support staff located?
All of HEROweb / MightyMerchant's staff work out of the same office in Springfield, Oregon. Unlike many other hosting and website companies, our design, administrative and technical support is done in-house.
Need a Website?Get a Quote
- Marketing Bite: Simplify Your Homepage Text
- Marketing Bite: Connect with Email Subscribers on Facebook
- Marketing Bite: Use Attribution Modeling to Tune Your Online Marketing Budget
- Marketing Bite: Hone Your Marketing Approach Using Customer Observations
- Marketing Bite: Test Your Mailing List Signup
- Marketing Bite: Read Facebook's Admin's Guide to Moderating Your Page