Evaluate Your Website Messaging
How clear and effective is your website messaging? Ask yourself a few questions
1. Will people know within seconds what services or products I provide?
2. Will they understand what page they're on and what it's about?
3. Will they know what to do next?
4. Why should they do business with my business through my site rather than with my competitors?
These four questions help to make your goal as a marketer and retailer clear. Even if you don't think of yourself as a marketer, your website is a marketing tool. Marketing messages should be simple and clear. At the same time, defining the process can seem like a complicated process.
Evaluate your website messaging and determine if you feel it is effective. Sit down with a friend or an associate, and ask them to look at your site. Use these four questions as a guide to see if they can answer them.
About the Marketing Bite
Marketing Bites are short actionable tips to help you market your business. Each Bite contains a marketing idea and an easy to complete action. The Marketing Bite is emailed weekly to subscribers.
"You offer such great information - I feel like I am gaining a bigger and smarter marketing presence. Thank you so much!" -Pamela
"Thanks. I have been getting a lot of value from [the Marketing Bite]. If I need help with marketing on the web in the future, I know where to find the experts." -Jodi
Need a Website?Get a Quote
- Marketing Bite: Simplify Your Homepage Text
- Marketing Bite: Connect with Email Subscribers on Facebook
- Marketing Bite: Use Attribution Modeling to Tune Your Online Marketing Budget
- Marketing Bite: Hone Your Marketing Approach Using Customer Observations
- Marketing Bite: Test Your Mailing List Signup
- Marketing Bite: Read Facebook's Admin's Guide to Moderating Your Page