Hone Your Marketing Approach Using Customer Observations
There is no better way to decide on the marketing approach to take on your website than to speak directly with your customers and understand how your products/services have improved their lives and businesses. As part of your marketing strategy, set a goal to interview at least three of your top customers to find out how your product or service has helped them achieve a goal or overcome a problem.
Here are some potential questions you can use to focus your interviews:
- What is the single greatest benefit you have derived from our products?
- What is an example of a situation in which our products/services have made a major difference to you?
- Was there anything you have discovered while using our products that was an unexpected bonus or pleasure?
- Is there a particular aspect of our products or services that you absolutely love?
- If there is one word that sums up our products or services, what would it be?
Once you’ve finished interviewing, note any similarities or overlap in the responses. Are there common or compelling situations where your product or service has presented a solution? What ideas about improvement do your customers share? Often, your customers’ observations can help you hone the best approach for your marketing, and you can use their answers to create a message that you can incorporate into your website and other marketing collateral.
About the Marketing Bite
Marketing Bites are short actionable tips to help you market your business. Each Bite contains a marketing idea and an easy to complete action. The Marketing Bite is emailed weekly to subscribers.
"You offer such great information - I feel like I am gaining a bigger and smarter marketing presence. Thank you so much!" -Pamela
"Thanks. I have been getting a lot of value from [the Marketing Bite]. If I need help with marketing on the web in the future, I know where to find the experts." -Jodi