Optimize Your Emails for Mobile Devices
Research has shown that almost 80% of smartphone owners use their device for email, and that they are more likely to check their email on their phones rather than make a call. If you're not optimizing your emails for mobile devices, you're missing out on a huge opportunity to impress your calls-to-action on mobile users.
Follow these guidelines to make sure your emails are easy to read on a mobile device:
- Keep the subject line short
- Use a simple, stacked layout
- Make sure the width is 600 pixels or less
- Use a font size of 12 or higher for the small screens (Apple devices automatically resize text to 13 pixels)
- Make buttons and
links large and “tappable” so they're easy to click
- Use a plain text phone number or a click-to-call button so calls can be made easily
- Always include a plain-text version of the email (which is often automatically generated by email marketing services)
About the Marketing Bite
Marketing Bites are short actionable tips to help you market your business. Each Bite contains a marketing idea and an easy to complete action. The Marketing Bite is emailed weekly to subscribers.
"You offer such great information - I feel like I am gaining a bigger and smarter marketing presence. Thank you so much!" -Pamela
"Thanks. I have been getting a lot of value from [the Marketing Bite]. If I need help with marketing on the web in the future, I know where to find the experts." -Jodi