Update and Optimize Your Home Page Title
When you load your website, what is the title of your home page?
A local restaurant here in Eugene, Oregon serves great food, but they were having a tough time gaining traction. We think part of the problem was that when visitors would go to their website, the title of the home page was “Wix.com retrojune created by fandangomex based on Cuisine Catering.”
The problem with this is that the page title for any home page is a very big signal for Google, and should include the most important keyword (or keywords) for your website. Create a title for your site’s home page that includes your most important keyword(s). Also, make sure that when the page loads, the title looks like you want it to, and is spelled correctly.
Watch Updating Your Home Page Title, a HEROweb Quick Tip Video that walks you through the process step-by-step.
About the Marketing Bite
Marketing Bites are short actionable tips to help you market your business. Each Bite contains a marketing idea and an easy to complete action. The Marketing Bite is emailed weekly to subscribers.
"You offer such great information - I feel like I am gaining a bigger and smarter marketing presence. Thank you so much!" -Pamela
"Thanks. I have been getting a lot of value from [the Marketing Bite]. If I need help with marketing on the web in the future, I know where to find the experts." -Jodi
Need a Website?Get a Quote
- Marketing Bite: Simplify Your Homepage Text
- Marketing Bite: Connect with Email Subscribers on Facebook
- Marketing Bite: Use Attribution Modeling to Tune Your Online Marketing Budget
- Marketing Bite: Hone Your Marketing Approach Using Customer Observations
- Marketing Bite: Test Your Mailing List Signup
- Marketing Bite: Read Facebook's Admin's Guide to Moderating Your Page