Check Your Site for Outdated Material Every New Year
Keeping your site content fresh and current is not only a good idea for keeping your visitors interested (and hopefully returning), but it's also a good idea in the eyes of search engines. Use the start of a new year as an excuse to comb through your website looking for any material that may be out-of-date.
Here are some suggestions for things to check on your site:
1. Copyright dates
2. Staff members who are no longer with the company
3. Obsolete services that need to be removed or new services you may have added
4. Out-of-date info that is time-sensitive (for example, how long you have been in business on your "About" page, or promotions that have expired)
5. When was the last time you posted on your blog, Facebook, or Twitter? Give a new years update to all of your social media channels (even if it's just wishing your customers a Happy New Year from your company)
Want to do even more for your business with the new year? Read our article, "Define Your Business Goals in the New Year" for more ideas.
About the Marketing Bite
Marketing Bites are short actionable tips to help you market your business. Each Bite contains a marketing idea and an easy to complete action. The Marketing Bite is emailed weekly to subscribers.
"You offer such great information - I feel like I am gaining a bigger and smarter marketing presence. Thank you so much!" -Pamela
"Thanks. I have been getting a lot of value from [the Marketing Bite]. If I need help with marketing on the web in the future, I know where to find the experts." -Jodi
Need a Website?Get a Quote
- Marketing Bite: Simplify Your Homepage Text
- Marketing Bite: Connect with Email Subscribers on Facebook
- Marketing Bite: Use Attribution Modeling to Tune Your Online Marketing Budget
- Marketing Bite: Hone Your Marketing Approach Using Customer Observations
- Marketing Bite: Test Your Mailing List Signup
- Marketing Bite: Read Facebook's Admin's Guide to Moderating Your Page