Segment Your Mailing List for More Relevant Campaigns
To engage with your customers on a more focused and personal level, try breaking down your mailing list into a few segments of different audience types. There are many criteria you can use, but your system doesnít need to be complex or time-consuming to be effective. Here are a few ideas for basic ways to segment your mailing list:
- By join date -- Separate out your long-timers from your mailing list newbies. You can then create more personalized promotions for both.
- By email engagement -- Many email marketing providers let you sort email subscribers by engagement, helping you target and re-engage contacts who might be slipping away.
- By survey results -- Sending out a subscriber survey, though a bit more time-intensive, means that you can craft focused questions and segment subscribers based on their responses.
Sending every email blast to every subscriber minimizes your marketing time, but isnít necessarily effective. Targeting your content and promotions helps you establish the more personal connection you need to cultivate engaged and loyal customers.
About the Marketing Bite
Marketing Bites are short actionable tips to help you market your business. Each Bite contains a marketing idea and an easy to complete action. The Marketing Bite is emailed weekly to subscribers.
"You offer such great information - I feel like I am gaining a bigger and smarter marketing presence. Thank you so much!" -Pamela
"Thanks. I have been getting a lot of value from [the Marketing Bite]. If I need help with marketing on the web in the future, I know where to find the experts." -Jodi
Need a Website?Get a Quote
- Marketing Bite: Simplify Your Homepage Text
- Marketing Bite: Connect with Email Subscribers on Facebook
- Marketing Bite: Use Attribution Modeling to Tune Your Online Marketing Budget
- Marketing Bite: Hone Your Marketing Approach Using Customer Observations
- Marketing Bite: Test Your Mailing List Signup
- Marketing Bite: Read Facebook's Admin's Guide to Moderating Your Page