Define Your Key Performance Indicators
Defining and tracking your Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) can help you keep a clear focus on your marketing initiatives and fine-tune your business strategy for optimal success.
So what are KPIs? These are small, measurable metrics related to the customer-facing aspects of your business (such as your website) that connect to your larger revenue objectives. Here are some practical examples:
1. The number of users who fill out your website inquiry form each week.
2. The number of clicks on the Order Now button on your home page.
3. The conversion rate for your pay-per-click ads.
When you define specific milestones and start to track them, your efforts to reach those milestones will become more focused. In turn, you are much more likely to attain your larger revenue goals.
We recommend that you define 2-3 KPIs for your business and start understanding how the small changes you make in your marketing campaigns or on your website can help you improve the performance of those KPIs.
About the Marketing Bite
Marketing Bites are short actionable tips to help you market your business. Each Bite contains a marketing idea and an easy to complete action. The Marketing Bite is emailed weekly to subscribers.
"You offer such great information - I feel like I am gaining a bigger and smarter marketing presence. Thank you so much!" -Pamela
"Thanks. I have been getting a lot of value from [the Marketing Bite]. If I need help with marketing on the web in the future, I know where to find the experts." -Jodi
Need a Website?Get a Quote
- Marketing Bite: Simplify Your Homepage Text
- Marketing Bite: Connect with Email Subscribers on Facebook
- Marketing Bite: Use Attribution Modeling to Tune Your Online Marketing Budget
- Marketing Bite: Hone Your Marketing Approach Using Customer Observations
- Marketing Bite: Test Your Mailing List Signup
- Marketing Bite: Read Facebook's Admin's Guide to Moderating Your Page