Test Your Holiday Sales
If you have a Black Friday, Cyber Monday, or other seasonal sale just around the corner, donÍt forget to set it up and test it in advance!
We recommend that you take the following steps to ensure that your sale is working as you would expect:
- Set up your sale.
- During a non-peak hour for website traffic (morning or late evening, for example), activate your sale to test. If the sale is going to show on the live site while you test, and you have the option, you may want to only apply the sale to a single item.
- Check to see if any sale messaging is displaying as expected.
- Place a test order on your site, and make sure that the discount is calculating correctly.
- Deactivate your sale until you are ready for customers to use it.
If you are using the MightyMerchant Sale and Coupon Manager, you can define a start and end date for your sale if you want it to be active for a limited amount of time. Sales will run from 12:00AM on the start date to 11:59PM on the end date.
For more information on setting up sales, please visit our support site documentation on the Sale and Coupon Manager.
About the Marketing Bite
Marketing Bites are short actionable tips to help you market your business. Each Bite contains a marketing idea and an easy to complete action. The Marketing Bite is emailed weekly to subscribers.
"You offer such great information - I feel like I am gaining a bigger and smarter marketing presence. Thank you so much!" -Pamela
"Thanks. I have been getting a lot of value from [the Marketing Bite]. If I need help with marketing on the web in the future, I know where to find the experts." -Jodi
Need a Website?Get a Quote
- Marketing Bite: Simplify Your Homepage Text
- Marketing Bite: Connect with Email Subscribers on Facebook
- Marketing Bite: Use Attribution Modeling to Tune Your Online Marketing Budget
- Marketing Bite: Hone Your Marketing Approach Using Customer Observations
- Marketing Bite: Test Your Mailing List Signup
- Marketing Bite: Read Facebook's Admin's Guide to Moderating Your Page