Tune Your On-Site Search
Adding keywords to your products can make your on-site search tool more effective for your site visitors.
Here is how we recommend tuning your search:
1. Do some test searches on your site to evaluate the results that appear on your site. Consider varying the wording of some of your most important terms.
2. Consult the on-site search report in Google Analytics to evaluate what visitors are currently searching for. For basic instructions on setting up this report, check out our Marketing Bite on how to Activate Site Search Tracking in Google Analytics.
3. Using the information you have gleaned from steps 1 and 2, enter supplementary phrases for your most important products. In MightyMerchant you can add comma-separated phrases to the product keyword field.
Site visitors likely use a range of terms in your on-site search, from jargon to colloquial terms, and the words they use may change over time. Tuning your on-site search to reflect a broader, more true-to-life set of keywords is a relatively quick way to improve the usability of your website.
About the Marketing Bite
Marketing Bites are short actionable tips to help you market your business. Each Bite contains a marketing idea and an easy to complete action. The Marketing Bite is emailed weekly to subscribers.
"You offer such great information - I feel like I am gaining a bigger and smarter marketing presence. Thank you so much!" -Pamela
"Thanks. I have been getting a lot of value from [the Marketing Bite]. If I need help with marketing on the web in the future, I know where to find the experts." -Jodi
Need a Website?Get a Quote
- Marketing Bite: Simplify Your Homepage Text
Thu, Mar 02 2017 3:21 pm
- Marketing Bite: Connect with Email Subscribers on Facebook
Thu, Feb 16 2017 3:34 pm
- Marketing Bite: Use Attribution Modeling to Tune Your Online Marketing Budget
Thu, Feb 09 2017 4:47 pm
- Marketing Bite: Hone Your Marketing Approach Using Customer Observations
Thu, Feb 02 2017 3:38 pm
- Marketing Bite: Test Your Mailing List Signup
Thu, Jan 26 2017 5:30 pm
- Marketing Bite: Read Facebook's Admin's Guide to Moderating Your Page
Thu, Jan 12 2017 4:43 pm