Create Product Descriptions for Users with Short Attention Spans
Capturing a potential customerÍs attention can be a challenge in todayÍs fast-paced world. Many online shoppers speed from product to product, only briefly skimming each page. This is why it pays to include, above your more in-depth product description, a concise few sentences or bulleted list to summarize your productÍs key features. The summary will vary from site to site, but should generally answer these questions about your product:
- What are its uses?
- What are its key attributes (material, size, color, lifespan, etc.)?
- What are its requirements or care instructions (if any)?
- Why is it special?
Forcing customers to hunt through a lengthy description for the information they are looking for leads to impatience, and can result in the customer abandoning the effort altogether. Covering the key aspects of your product right off the bat is a good way to hold their focus and encourage a purchase.
For a great example of a product description summary, please visit our customer Royalty CoreÍs website, and take a look at one of their truck grilles.
About the Marketing Bite
Marketing Bites are short actionable tips to help you market your business. Each Bite contains a marketing idea and an easy to complete action. The Marketing Bite is emailed weekly to subscribers.
"You offer such great information - I feel like I am gaining a bigger and smarter marketing presence. Thank you so much!" -Pamela
"Thanks. I have been getting a lot of value from [the Marketing Bite]. If I need help with marketing on the web in the future, I know where to find the experts." -Jodi
Need a Website?Get a Quote
- Marketing Bite: Simplify Your Homepage Text
- Marketing Bite: Connect with Email Subscribers on Facebook
- Marketing Bite: Use Attribution Modeling to Tune Your Online Marketing Budget
- Marketing Bite: Hone Your Marketing Approach Using Customer Observations
- Marketing Bite: Test Your Mailing List Signup
- Marketing Bite: Read Facebook's Admin's Guide to Moderating Your Page