Make Sure All Pages on Your Site have a Clear Call-To-Action
Users may enter your site from many different pages besides your homepage, so itís important that all pages have a clear call-to-action to guide the user where you want them to go. Many call-to-actions take the form of a button, though a prominent link can also do the trick. Here are some characteristics of a good call-to-action:
- Your button or link text should be simple and action-oriented (ex: Request a Quote, Sign Up To Receive Monthly Specials).
- It should be located so itís visible without too much scrolling.
- The text should be large and contrast well with the background of the button or page.
For some examples of call-to-action buttons, please visitÖ
- Ray Prasad Consultancy Group - This website prompts users to contact the site owner with a prominent Contact button and banner that displays across the site.
- Cruise One - Smith Pollin Group - A helpful call-to-action bar appears along the top of the browser window, once you start scrolling down the page.
Donít let your webpages become dead ends -- keep users engaged and on track with a prominent call-to-action!
If you are a MightyMerchant customer and need assistance in setting up a call-to-action button, please submit our Online Support Request form.
About the Marketing Bite
Marketing Bites are short actionable tips to help you market your business. Each Bite contains a marketing idea and an easy to complete action. The Marketing Bite is emailed weekly to subscribers.
"You offer such great information - I feel like I am gaining a bigger and smarter marketing presence. Thank you so much!" -Pamela
"Thanks. I have been getting a lot of value from [the Marketing Bite]. If I need help with marketing on the web in the future, I know where to find the experts." -Jodi